
I never once considered the idea of being a traditional housewife. Growing up, women all around me were fighting for equality and starting careers. I was under the impression that women had to go out into the workplace and prove themselves, that the housewife and stay-at-home mom were obsolete. Convinced that the skills required of a homemaker and mother would never gather the same respect that working would achieve, I attempted to follow in the footsteps of these "modern" women. Of course, years later, many women (myself included) finally realize you can be unappreciated, unfulfilled and disrespected in just about any job and that managing a household and children, and doing it well, is an amazing feat. So upon this realization that "having it all" wasn't so fantastic, I followed my heart and headed home. But why a VINTAGE housewife, you may ask? Well, I have a passion for the by-gone era of the 40's and 50's, especially with their simplicity and traditional values. I understand that period of time wasn't all peaches and cream, so I choose to take the good parts I am drawn to and use them in my everyday life. I am a woman who embraces the role of wife, mother and housewife rather than assuming those that are traditionally male. With retro flair, I live in complete domestic bliss and enjoy creating a lovely home environment for my family.



No comments:
Post a Comment