Saturday, August 8, 2009

Laundry


There was once a time I avoided this chore like the plague. I could wash it, dry it, fold it, hang it, even iron it, but don't you dare ask me to put it away. It's such a simple task. I honestly don't know what the big deal was getting it done. That's just the way it was. It got to be very embarrassing when company stopped by unannounced and saw the pile of laundry - usually taking up space on the couch. The last straw came when my husband developed the habit of putting it away for me upon arriving home from work. He always assured me he didn't mind helping out because he knew how much I despised the chore. I felt like crude, though, watching my husband do my job all because I didn't feel like it. But no more. I vowed to change by forcing myself into the habit of putting the laundry away immediately from the dryer. Now it is so routine I don't even have to think about it, and I wonder even more what the big deal was about this simple chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment