Friday, January 29, 2010

Frugal Friday


Advantages of Prepaid Cell Phones
The main advantage of prepaid cell phones is the combination of freedom and control that they offer. With a prepaid cell phone, you're not locked into a multi-year plan with a set number of minutes per month during specific calling times, additional charges if you exceed the limit and a costly fee if you break the contract. You're free to talk whenever you want, as long as you want, until you run out of minutes. And you don't have to pay a monthly bill.

Talking more one month and less the next makes no difference, and leftover minutes roll over from one month to the next. Plus, if you want to change to a different type of plan, a prepaid phone gives you the freedom to switch whenever you want.


I've always had a prepaid phone and love it. There are no monthly bills or obligations. I personally detest contracts and avoid them at all costs. You never know what the future has in-store, so it's always best not to attach yourself to too many contracts, imo. I use mine strictly for emergencies and quick calls when necessary. I top-up about every other month and only spend $20.oo each time. Besides, I prefer to hold personal conversations in the privacy of my own home - the old-fashioned way.

2 comments:

  1. My cell is prepaid. I have T-Mobile. After you use $100 you get 15% more minutes free and it doesn't expire for a year. I only spend about $20 a year on my phone, no kidding. We have it for emergencies on the road and sometimes when my husband or I are out and may need to contact the other one who is at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great deal! Thank you so much for the tip, Good Little Housewife.

    ReplyDelete